Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc.
Afterschool Staff-Refugee Youth Program
Catholic Charities has openings for afterschool staff in the Refugee Youth Program in its Refugee & Immigration Services Department. This position is part-time, approximately 16 hours per week based at one of two sites: Tusculum Hills Church at 4930 Nolensville Rd, Nashville, TN 37211 or the Catholic Pastoral Care Center at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are in the late afternoon/early evening, Monday through Thursday during the school year (from approximately 2:00-6:00 PM at Tusculum Hills and 3:00-7:00 PM at the Catholic Pastoral Center).
Primary responsibilities include conducting trauma-informed, literacy-focused, after-school and summer programming for groups of refugee youth who have been resettled in the Nashville area; providing transportation to and from program activities using agency vehicles; maintaining compliance with childcare regulations and agency policies; and maintaining accurate program records.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Prefer prior experience working with refugees and/or youth.
• Prior experience tutoring or teaching is desirable.
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record (no accidents or tickets).
• Knowledge of child behavior and development.
• Ability to work under pressure and with people from other cultures/countries.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Sufficient maturity for providing leadership to children.
• Trauma training certification or experience is desirable.
• Bilingual in any refugee foreign language is helpful.
• Must work effectively and cooperatively with others.
• Good knowledge of community resources as it relates to refugee youth.
• Willingness to submit to and render a clear criminal background screening.
• Prefer current certification in CPR with knowledge of basic first aid.
• Must be able to drive agency-owned minivan or bus to transport children.
Please e-mail resume to: Anna Notestine, Refugee Youth Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTING DATE: July 12, 2018
DATE AVAILABLE: August 20, 2018
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.