Catholic Charities is seeking caring adults to mentor a refugee student between the ages of 9-17 through our Refugee Youth Mentor Program.
Mentors have the unique opportunity to invest in a young person's life by being a supportive friend, helping with schoolwork, and exploring opportunities of fun around Nashville! You will receive training prior to being matched, as well as ongoing support from Catholic Charities staff for the duration of your mentorship.
* Must be at least 18 years old.
* Fill out Volunteer Application that includes a background check plus references.
* Complete 6 hours of pre-match training that focuses on trauma informed mentoring.
* Commit to meeting with your mentee for 2 hours each week with at least a one year commitment to the program.
* Keep an open line of communications between you, Catholic Charities, and your mentee's family.