CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF TENNESSEE, INC.
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of SCHOOL COUNSELOR in Social Services. This is a 50%, ten-month position, based in Davidson County. Regular working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. Office location is 2806 McGavock Pike in the Opryland area of Nashville and at a K-8th grade school in Davidson County.
Primary responsibilities as School Counselor are: to provide counseling services to students and their families; conduct groups and workshops that respond to the needs of the students; provide appropriate and timely feedback to referring faculty members, principals and involved community resources; provide information and referral services; and submit accurate, timely reports.
• Master's Degree in Social Work or related field
• Experience working with children in a family setting
• Possess or working toward license in Social Work or related field from the State of Tennessee (e.g. LCSW, LMFT, LPC-MHSP) is strongly preferred
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Knowledge of human behavior and ability to use various methods and techniques of crisis counseling with children and their families
• Ability to relate to and work with emotionally upset individuals
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
• Ability to plan and organize work and follow tasks through to completion.
• Ability to work well under pressure and/or meeting deadlines
• Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
• Successful completion of criminal background screening
Competitive salary. Please e-mail cover letter (detailing how candidate meets posted minimum requirements) with salary history and resume to Lisa McGovern, LCSW, Supervisor of Counseling Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTING DATE: July 2, 2018
DATE AVAILABLE: July 30, 2018
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.