Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of bilingual HOPE Counselor in Social Services. This is a full-time position based in Davidson County. Regular working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm with some early evening work required. Field work is needed for client/community visits in the county. Candidate will work primarily with clients in the Hispanic community. Office location is 2806 McGavock Pike in the Opryland area of Nashville.
Primary responsibilities as bilingual HOPE Counselor are: to conduct workshops and group and individual counseling sessions for youth who have been affected by trauma and/or homicide; maintain compliance with contract standards and agency policies; and prepare and submit accurate, timely reports.
• Master's Degree in Social Work or related field
• Experience working with children in a family setting
• Prefer candidate with experience working in child welfare
• Knowledge of the field of child welfare
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Knowledge of human behavior and ability to use various methods and techniques of crisis counseling with children and their families
• Knowledge of and experience with ACEs and/or other understanding regarding the impact of trauma
• Ability to relate to and work with emotionally upset individuals
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
• Ability to plan and organize work and follow tasks through to completion.
• Ability to work well under pressure and/or meeting deadlines
• Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
• Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction
• Ability to transport clients with valid Tennessee driver's license and clear driving record
• Successful completion of criminal background screening
• Flexible schedule for working some evening hours
• Comfortable with meeting with clients in their homes or communities throughout Davidson County
• Bilingual: written and oral fluency in Spanish
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package. Please e-mail cover letter (detailing how candidate meets posted minimum requirements) with salary history and resume to Andrea Ramsey, LPC-MHSP, Hope Counselor, at email@example.com
POSTING DATE: June 4, 2018
DATE AVAILABLE: July 1, 2018
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.