Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Bookkeeper in its Fiscal Services department. The work location is 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. This is a full-time position. The work schedule is 37.5 hours a week, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Primary functions include:
• Accounts Payable Processing
• Bi-Weekly Payroll Processing - including 941 Quarterly Reports and W-2 distribution at YE
• Reconcile Payroll Liability Accounts
• Responsible for Maintaining and organizing all filing systems within the department and offsite
• Review posting journals for accuracy
• Posts receipts and Journal Entries to General Ledger
• Maintains Lease Schedules
• Prepares analysis of accounts (Vendor and General Ledger) as required
• Assists in monthly/annual closings
• Assists in Annual Audit
• Assists in special projects as necessary
• High school diploma (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years bookkeeping experience.
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good attention to detail
• Reasoning ability regarding accounting transactions
• Ability to work independently and multi-task
• Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and the public
• Must be able to maintain confidential information
• Successful completion of required criminal background screening to include clear driving record
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Access (with heavy emphasis in Excel).
• IOI and/or The FinancialEdge experience a plus
Competitive salary with great benefits! Please e-mail cover letter (detailing how candidate meets job requirements) with salary history and resume to Debby Morrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.