Catholic Charities of Tennessee has an opening for the position of Data & Social Media Specialist
in its Mission Advancement Department.
The full-time position is based at the Catholic Pastoral Center (2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214). Work schedule is generally from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, although, from time to time, you may be needed during non-standard hours for special events and departmental needs.
The primary functions of this position are (1) to manage the agency's Mission Advancement database for donors, volunteers, Board members, and other supporters, (2) provide research support on potential grant opportunities, and (3) to assist the Mission Advancement director in seeking out, developing, and/or acquiring agency-focused content for use with various communications vehicles, including, but not limited to, e-newsletters, social media, website, and printed publications.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work-experience required; professional communications and quantitative skills preferred
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Strong communication (oral and written) skills required
• Superior computer skills including knowledge of Excel and ability to work within an existing database platform; a minimum of 6 months of direct experience with Salesforce.com preferred
• Strong quantitative and data entry skills required
• Effective interpersonal and communications skills to build relationships, advocate for the needs of our clients, and affect change, as appropriate
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook applications, internet research, and a high comfort level in working with computer systems
• Must be cordial in working under pressure and/or meeting deadlines
• Ability to follow tasks through to completion
• Must be able to work well both independently and as part of a team
• Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to travel around the agency's functional area from time to time. At times, light lifting (up to 20 lbs.) may be required.
• Knowledge and adherence to confidentiality standards a must
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package. E-mail resume to: email@example.com (including "Data & Social Media Specialist" in subject line) or fax to 615-259-2851 (ATTN: Mission Advancement). NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected Veterans under Section 503.
POSTING DATE: May 8, 2019
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately