Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Assistant at our main office located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214. This position is 37-1/2 hours per week from 8:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with some flexibility required.
Primary functions are: effectively provide daily assistance and administrative support to the Executive Director in the operations of a large social service agency, including scheduling and managing calendar for Executive Director; manage Board member relationships, meetings, and activities; manage filing system, process invoices and related expense reports; provide general support for HR and purchasing operations; organize meetings.
• Bachelor's Degree or commensurate work experience.
• Prior experience in senior level executive support position.
• Proven proficiency in advanced administrative skills.
• Prefer candidate with prior experience in nonprofit agency, including constituent relations.
• Knowledge and experience in modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Friendly and congenial at all times, with good customer service skills.
• Professional demeanor and appearance, appropriate to executive office area.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to follow directions and perform duties with minimal supervision.
• Skilled in taking accurate messages and Board meeting notes.
• Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
• Dependable with regular work attendance.
• Ability to master and maintain knowledge of Catholic Charities' programs, services, and events.
• Proficiency in full suite of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Internet use.
• Discretion and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
• Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package. Please email cover letter (detailing how candidate meets posted minimum requirements) with salary history and resume to Shirley Lopehandia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTING DATE: August 30, 2019
DATE AVAILABLE: September 3, 2019
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.