Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Workforce Development Specialist. This position is full-time and located at the Catholic Pastoral Center at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The primary functions of this position are to identify and recruit appropriate program participants; conduct assessments of experience, skills and work limitations with clients; provide classroom instruction and job readiness training; develop partnerships with industry experts for guest presentations and to identify job opportunities; assist clients in completing applications and securing employment; provide follow-up services to ensure success of job placement; and complete necessary paperwork documenting effort and placement.
• College degree in a social service field preferred (or High School diploma and four years of relevant work experience)
• At least 2 years of experience providing exceptional customer service
• Experience delivering training preferred
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Must read, write, and speak English and Spanish fluently
• Must be over age 21and have reliable transportation
• Knowledge of human learning and an ability to adapt and use various methods of instruction for group and individual learning
• Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected
• Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
• Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
• Ability to plan and organize work and to work well under pressure
• Ability to follow tasks through to completion
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction
• Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
• Basic computer proficiency
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package. Please e-mail resume to: Kellye Branson, Department Director, at email@example.com or fax to 615-259-2851
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.
POSTING DATE: March 5, 2019
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately