DIOCESE OF NASHVILLE
Director of Human Resources
The Diocese of Nashville is seeking a Director of Human Resources. Position is full-time. Work location is the Catholic Pastoral Center at 2800 McGavock Pike in Nashville, TN.
Primary functions of this position are to direct and coordinate human resources activities for the Governance and Service Offices (GSO) of the Diocese of Nashville (Chancery, Catholic Charities, and Tennessee Register) (approximately 250 employees); provide consultative personnel services for approximately 60 diocesan parishes and institutions; oversee diocesan benefits programs for approximately 1,000 employees; oversee diocesan background screening processes; serve as a member of the diocesan Safe Environment Committee. Position reports to the diocesan Chief Financial Officer.
• Bachelor's degree in human resources, management, labor relations or other related field and five years of human resources experience, OR a Master's degree in Human Resources Management and two years of human resources experience
• Knowledge of laws and regulations governing employment and personnel administration
• Prefer at least three years of experience in administering employee benefit plans
• Specialized training in a wide range of HR disciplines.
• Prefer candidates certified in the field of HR
• CEBS certification is desirable
• Effective management/supervisory skills
• Strong human relations abilities
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
• Ability to multi-task in a high volume, complex environment
• Strong commitment to justice in the Church workplace
• Understanding, respect, and support for Catholic Church teaching, mission, and values
• Sense of stewardship for the human, physical, and financial assets of the organization
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical human resources journals, financial and benefits reports, and legal documents.
Competitive salary based upon qualifications. Excellent benefits! Please email resume and cover letter to: Employment@dioceseofnashville.com.
POSTING DATE: October 25, 2017
DATE AVAILABLE: As soon as possible