Resettlement Case Assistant
Immediately upon their arrival in the U.S., new refugees are matched with a Catholic Charities case manager who helps them acclimate to their new home and work towards self-sufficiency. A resettlement case assistant works alongside case managers to help support our clients as they start their lives in America. Responsibilities may include: transporting clients to and from appointments, assisting clients with food or clothing shopping, transporting clients to trainings or classes, periodically visiting clients to check-in and address any concerns they may have. The case assistant will shadow the case manager for a minimum of two weeks before working independently. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in social work or refugee services due to the comprehensive, diverse learning experience this opportunity provides. Volunteers can also earn school credit or an internship through this position. Contact the volunteer coordinator for more information.
- Must be over 18 years old (21 and older preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving history and valid driver's license
- Ability to empathize and understand people from different cultural backgrounds
- Attend required trainings
- Commit to at least one full workday per week, approximately 8:00am-4:30pm for at least 5 months
Contact: For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lizzie Goddard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-760-2765.
Already have a Volunteer Account?
Log in now to volunteer for this event.
Forget your password?
Or, create a Volunteer Account now . . .
Or, volunteer for this event
without creating an account . . .