In-Home English Tutor
Many of Catholic Charities refugee and immigration clients arrive in America without a working knowledge of the English language. Learning English is an essential foundation for many aspects of life, including: finding and securing work, social connection, and independence. An in-home ESL tutor will help serve some of our clients who cannot attend regular classes due to transportation and/or childcare responsibilities. Help our clients remove one of the biggest barriers to their success by teaching them one-on-one in their own homes on a regular basis. ESL curriculum can be provided by Catholic Charities, or the tutor can bring their own materials.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to travel to and from the client's home which may be in a more remote part of Nashville
- Provide English language instruction focusing on the basic skills needed to apply for jobs or navigate the community
- Develop a flexible curriculum based on the client's individual needs
- Preferred experience teaching English as a second language to adults
- Able to commit to meeting with a client 2-4 hours per week, at least once a week for a minimum of 3 months
Contact: For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lizzie Goddard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-760-2765.
Already have a Volunteer Account?
Log in now to volunteer for this event.
Forget your password?
Or, create a Volunteer Account now . . .
Or, volunteer for this event
without creating an account . . .