Interesting Facts About Ukraine
- The national Ukrainian dish is borscht, a distinctive red soup made from beetroot and beef.
- The official language of Ukraine is of course Ukrainian, however, there are 20 different languages spoken in Ukraine. 18% of Ukrainians are English speakers.
- Ukraine is home to one of Americans’ favorite holiday traditions – Easter eggs!
- Ukraine is the world’s largest producer of sunflower seeds, and across every part of Ukraine, you’ll see stunning fields of these yellow blooms.
- One of the most unique tourist attractions in Ukraine is the ‘Tunnel of Love.’ A section of industrial railway that is surrounded by stunning greenery and the favorite place for many couples for its romantic walk.
A view of Maidan Nezalezhnosti in Kiev, Ukraine. Photo by Juan Antonio Segal