Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Case Manager in Social Services. This position is full-time. Services are based in Davidson County. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 to 4:30pm with some occasional evenings, depending on the needs of client families.
Primary responsibilities are to implement case-management, coordination, and financial
assistance with families experiencing homelessness and those at risk of being homeless. Staff will identify, assess, and connect families for basic needs such as food, clothing, housing, and medical/mental health services. Case managers will assist families in obtaining financial stability, stable housing, and making healthy choices. This will require knowledge of resources, the ability to collaborate with other entities and maintain records and data for the families and the agency.
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related field, and have at least one year of experience working with individuals/families experiencing poverty.
• Prefer candidate with experience working in child welfare, homelessness, and/or counseling.
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Must have knowledge of human behavior and the ability to use various methods and techniques of crisis counseling and developing action plans with families.
• Must have the ability to relate to and work with individuals/families with multiple barriers.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
• Ability to plan and organize work.
• Cordiality in working under pressure and/or meeting deadlines.
• Ability to manage confidential information with extreme professionalism.
• Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
• Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
Competitive salary. Please e-mail cover letter with salary history and resume to Kim Demetrio, Supervisor of Housing Services, via Sabrina Hester email@example.com.
POSTING DATE: September 19, 2019
DATE AVAILABLE: ASAP
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.