Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of a Homemaker in the Living at Home program of Nashville, TN. The office is at the McGruder Family Resource Center located at 2013 25th Ave N. This position is part-time, and services are needed for 15 hours a week, Monday-Friday and the work schedule is flexible.
Primary functions are to assists the case manager in order to enable clients to remain independent and living at home by performing light house cleaning, household tasks, shopping, errands, and transportation for older adults.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Experience and/or a demonstrated interest in working with seniors
• Previous experience in home visiting specialist for older adults preferred
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Ability to relate to and work with emotionally upset and cognitively impaired individuals
• Passion for working with older adults
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and peers
• Ability to plan, organize, and work well under pressure and/or meeting deadlines
• Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
• Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction when necessary
• Ability to accept supervision
• Schedule flexibility to accommodate the needs of client
• Must be able to read and write English
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Successful completion of criminal background screening
• Ability to tolerable smells from smoking, pets and inability to maintain a home
• Ability to bend, stoop, push, pull, lift and carry up to 25 pounds, able to go up and down stairs.
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Must be client centered
• Valid Tennessee Driver's License and sufficient automobile insurance
Competitive salary is provided. Please e-mail resume to Kim Morris at email@example.com.
POSTING DATE: 12/11/19
DATE AVAILABLE: 01/06/19
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.