CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF TENNESSEE, INC.
Intake/Outreach Case Manager at McGruder Center
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of an Intake/Outreach Case Manager for Catholic Charities McGruder Family Resource Center. The Center is located at 2013 25th Ave N, Nashville TN 37208. This position is full time, 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday, but some flexibility is needed for occasional evening and weekend activities.
Primary functions include: Providing intake for individuals seeking assistance at McGruder Center by meeting with clients to assess needs, identifying barriers to current situation; assisting with emergency financial assistance and food boxes; and referring to the appropriate program and/or agency. Participates in outreach activities in order to educate the community about the mission of Catholic Charities and programs available at McGruder, identify programmatic gaps and network with other agencies to fill the gaps.
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related field or an equivalent of 3 years of relevant experience.
• Experience and demonstrated interest in working with persons in crisis.
• Knowledge of basic case work skills relative to the needs of families experiencing multiple problem areas such as housing, financial stability, and student achievement.
• Knowledge of community or other available resources that serve the needs of families who are experiencing multiple problem areas.
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and peers
• Ability to plan, organize, and work well under pressure and/or meeting deadlines
• Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
• Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction when necessary
• Ability to accept supervision
• Schedule flexibility to accommodate the needs of client
• Must be able to read and write English
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Successful completion of criminal background screening
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills including Microsoft, Outlook and Excel.
• Must be client centered
• Valid Tennessee Driver's License and sufficient automobile insurance
Competitive salary and benefits. Please e-mail resume to Alisha Haddock at:
POSTING DATE: May 12, 2020
DATE AVAILABLE: May 22, 2020
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.