Catholic Charities provides counselors to seven PreK-8 schools in the Diocese, including St. Edward, St. Joseph, St. Ann, St. Patrick, St. Pius, Holy Rosary, St. John Vianney, and Immaculate Conception.
We serve students through:
- Individual counseling
- Group Therapy or Workshops: examples include grief and loss, divorce, military families, making friends, anxiety.
- Crisis counseling and intervention
- Classroom workshops for social-emotional development: examples include emotional regulation, mindfulness, kindness, anti-bullying, empathy, conflict resolution, etc.
We serve families through:
- Consultations and referral
- Family sessions for students who are clients
- Parenting resources and workshops
We serve teachers through:
- Consultations for teachers and principals on addressing social, emotional, or behavioral concerns in the classroom
- Training or education on issues like trauma, identifying and reporting abuse, suicide prevention, bullying, etc.
The School Counseling Team:
- Melissa Peterson Smith, LMSW, School Counseling Program Coordinator
- Tandy Jackson, M.S. (Holy Rosary)
- Amanda Marshall, LMSW (St. Joseph School and St. John Vianney)
- Laura Ross, MFT (St. Edward and St. Patrick)
- Hannah Thomas, MSSW (Immaculate Conception and St. Pius X)
- Jennifer Washburn, LMSW (St. Ann)
Check out our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCTNCounselingKids