The Guild at a glance
- 3-week training program
- Learn and practice skills in hands-on classroom
- Meets Monday through Thursday from 3-7 p.m.
- Next class starts June 6
- Help with job placement or continuing education
Plumbing jobs are in high demand
The Guild will help you become a plumber’s helper in three weeks.
The Guild is a job-training program created by Catholic Charities to help people start a career in plumbing. The program is for recent high school graduates and those who need skills training to find good employment.
In this three-week program, you will learn everything you need to begin working as a plumber’s helper. The Guild and its partners can help you find a job upon graduation.
What you will learn
You will learn the following about plumbing and be able to practice your skills in The Guild’s hands-on classroom:
- Introduction to the plumbing profession
- Plumbing safety
- Tools of the plumbing trade
- Introduction to plumbing math
- Introduction to plumbing drawings
- Plastic pipe and fittings
- Copper tube and fittings
- Cast-iron pipe and fittings
- Steel pipe and fittings
- Introduction to plumbing fixtures
- Introduction to drain/waste/vent systems
- Introduction to water distribution systems
You will not be a licensed plumber after completing the program. The Guild teachers can help you find and apply to a local trade school if you want to become a licensed plumber.
Classes meet Monday through Thursday from 3-7 p.m. at Catholic Charities at C.E. McGruder (2013 25th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37208).
The next class will start June 6. Applications are due by June 1.
How to apply
The first step is to complete the application below.
A representative from The Guild will review your application and schedule a call to review the program and answer any questions you have.
Have questions about the course? Please email Greg Gabis at email@example.com.